A little effort goes a long way to make your table impressive.
We spend hours on the food so let’s take a few extra minutes on the table decorations. Here are my top tips to bring a little glamour to the table this autumn.
1. Rummage in the cupboard for all the candles you can get your hands on – candles will add ambience as the nights draw in. You can add a couple to a mantlepiece or side table too for extra glow.
2. Gather some golden autumn leaves and any other treasure you can find such as bracken, large chunks of bark, fir cones, conkers or acorns ideally attached to their branch. These can be adorned down the centre of the table with the candles nestled in amongst them. Take care to avoid anything too close to the open flames. Feel free to add some garden produce if you have it, pumpkins, gourds and butternut squashes.
3. Get out the silverware, not only the candlesticks but Grandma’s salt and pepper shakers and any other long forgotten trinkets. The silverware will catch the light of the candles and add extra drama and mood. The glow of the silver contrasts the rustic leaves and adds a bit of class to the compost!
4. Go big on glassware – even the hand wash only. Aim for 3 glasses each even if no one will use two wines glasses. This gives a feeling of decadence and reflects the light in the same way as the silverware. Coloured glassware is very ‘ontrend’ so don’t be afraid to mix some of that in too. Put any last blooms of the summer in single stem vases around the table, this adds life and extra light reflection.
5. Our Cock Pheasant Feather tableware is the perfect compliment to the autumn colours and leaves. Choose from Cock Pheasant or Cock Pheasant and Green Pheasant; they come as placemats, coasters and table centres which double as extra decadent charger placemats. The scented Cock Pheasant candles make a lovely addition to the table or a lovely gift to bring to supper. All the tableware brings an extra reflective glow adding to the cosy ambience.
6. Don’t forget - six is the magic number of dinner guests.
Give it a try and please send us a photo of your autumn table creations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to see them and the best shots will be shown on our Instagram and will win some WD vouchers...