**COMPETITION NOW CLOSED**
Do you enjoy delving into a delectable game dish? How about when it also supports incredible, countryside initiatives such as Country Food Trust? Well, look no further! You can do so simply by entering our October competition...
We’ve teamed up with the inspirational Country Food Trust (a new charity using game meat to tackle food poverty) and celebrity chef Tim Maddams (of River Cottage fame with Hugh Fearnley Whittingshall).
Country Food Trust donates delicious meals (using pheasant and partridge) to people in poverty across the UK. Last year, they fed 18,000 people. This year, they will feed 125,000. Their aim? To feed over 1,000,000 people in the next five years. With the support of GunsOnPegs, Purdey, Holland & Holland, William & Son and many more, it looks like they’re bang on track.
Working alongside Tim Maddams, Country Food Trust also produce Country Curry (a delicious and mildly spicy partridge curry with squash, tomatoes, coconut and spices). Both this and Country Casserole have a shelf life of over a year without chilling, are heated simply in a microwave or saucepan, are incredibly high protein, and offer a sometimes more nutritious alternative to traditional red meats.
For every pouch bought, one is donated to someone in need. They can be purchased from The Wild Meat Company or at Country Food Trust’s selected events.
Our competition promotes this cause and allows one lucky winner to win the following:
- Country Food Trust: 16x healthy pouches of Country Casserole - a warming pheasant casserole with lentils, vegetables and herbs (RRP: £52)
- Tim Maddams: Signed copy of Tim’s cookbook Game: River Cottage Handbook No.15 – a go-to guide for those keen to obtain, prepare and cook the finest pheasant, grouse, hare, venison, partridge, rabbit, boar and duck (RRP: £14.99)
- Wingfield Digby: Two Real Pheasant Feather & Glass Placemats – the perfect way to serve your game this season (RRP: £85)
- First, follow @WingfieldDigby on Instagram here
- Then, email your Full Name to email@example.com
What happens next? On Monday 30th October, we will pick the winner at random and will inform you by email.
FIND OUT MORE:
Other ways to support Country Food Trust include donations (financial and game) and individual/corporate supporter schemes. Please visit their website for more information.