Saturday 23rd September will see the return of the hugely successful Young Guns – a charity clay pigeon shoot organized by 26 year old shooting aficionados Victoria Dashwood and Ella Hadsley-Chaplin. Held at the award winning EJ Churchill Shooting School, the day will raise money for Breast Cancer Research – a cause that both organizers are passionate about.
We caught up with Victoria and Ella to find out how Young Guns 2017 is not your everyday fundraising shoot...
“It really begun with us wanting to organise something fun, for charity for YOUNG people. So many charity events are aimed at the older generation, or CEO’s, or enormous wealth. Of course these are all useful for the fundraising, but boosting awareness and mobilising young people are just as important. As two young women, and with breast cancer remaining one of the most prevalent cancers in the UK, we wanted to raise both funds and awareness for Breast Cancer Research.
How? At an action-packed charity shoot for our peers that features far more than just a few shooting flurries.
Kick-started with breakfast & coffee at EJ Churchill, the day includes:
- 6 staggered flurries – Each team is given their own host instructor, scorer, guns, cartridges, goggles and caps
- Elevenses – Drinks courtesy of Chase Distillery Sloe Gin and Firefly; nibbles from Caviar House, ChicP and Apesnacks
- Chauffeured transport to West Wycombe Park
- Coates and Seeley champagne & canape reception
- Live music from West Wycombe Brass Brand
- Sit down lunch in the south colonnade - Think Ottolenghi salads, fresh West Wycombe venison and POPS champagne popsicles
- Prize giving, raffle and optional shoot off
- Private after party – Held at the renowned 5 Hertford Street, London
Guns and guests will also receive goodie bags and 20% off at Wingfield Digby.
£1,000 - Shooting team of 4 (at least 2 members must be under 35)
£250 - Individual shooting ticket (competitors can be placed into teams if required)
£65 – Spectator ticket (price includes all the above bar shooting)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for ticket enquiries.